2024 Trail Survey Prize Draw
By completing and submitting an online trail survey entrants will be entered into the draw to win one (1) Prezzy Card loaded with NZD $200 each month between 1st January to 30th April 2024.
Trail surveys can be completed and submitted online here.
Prize draw competition terms and conditions:
1. This prize draw is run on behalf of Tourism Central Otago (Central Otago District Council) - The Promoter - with its registered office at 1 Dunorling Street, Alexandra, New Zealand
2. The prize draw period will run from 1st January 2024 to 30th April 2024. Tourism Central Otago may extend, cancel, or amend this prize draw and/or review and update these terms and conditions on its website at any time, at its sole discretion.
3. To be eligible to enter the prize draw entrants must complete and submit one online trail survey during the 1st January to 30th April 2024 period. Eligible trail surveys must be submitted online and will only be accepted for:
- Otago Central Rail Trail
- Lake Dunstan Trail
- Clutha Gold Trail
- Roxburgh Gorge Trail
- Queenstown Trail
4. Winners will be drawn at random on a monthly basis during the prize draw period for a chance to win a prize. There will be one $200 Prezzy Card available for each month of the prize draw period (January, February, March and April 2024).
5. The prizes will be drawn within 2 business days of the start of the month following survey completion for the previous month's completions.
6. Online trail surveys are administered by Get Smart Limited, 50 Manners Street, Wellington. Get Smart is a member of the Research Association of New Zealand and adheres to the research industry’s professional Code of Practice.
7. Get Smart complies with all relevant New Zealand legislation (including the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007 and Privacy Act 2020) and the European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which came into effect on 25 May 2018.
8. Unless otherwise stated, all surveys undertaken by organisations using the get smart system collect information on an anonymous basis and the information you provide is made available to these organisations only when aggregated with the information provided by other survey participants.
9. Get Smart DO NOT analyse or report on the information that you provide in a way that this can be attributed to you unless you have explicitly given us permission to do so by responding ‘yes’ to any question that asks if you wish to be contacted about issues you have raised in a survey. In this instance, a full transcript of your responses may be provided to the organisation running the survey, along with your name and email address, so that this organisation may make contact with you.
10. In all other circumstances, only your contact details (name and email address) will be made available to the organisation conducting the survey if:
- you are the winner of a prize being offered for participating in the research or
- you have opted in to receive future communication
11. Winners will be notified by email. If the Winner has not responded within five (5) business days, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be chosen at random. In the event of any dispute, Tourism Central Otago’s decision is final.
12. The prize cannot be transferred to others, or exchanged for cash or other benefits and cannot be split.
13. The Participant acknowledges that the Eligible Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Prezzy Card® or any retail service provider. ‘Prezzy Card®’ is a registered trademark of Kiwibank Limited. Standard Prezzy Card® terms and conditions apply, Terms & Conditions | Prezzy card | The perfect gift every time.
14. To the extent permitted by law, the following applies:
Warranties Excluded - the Promoter excludes all warranties in relation to the quality, suitability, or merchantability of a Prize except where such exclusion cannot apply at law; and
Not Liable for Loss - the Promoter will not be liable for any loss (including indirect and consequential loss) or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Promotion.
No Tax Liability - the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning the Prize.
15. These Terms and the Promotion Specific Terms are governed by the laws of New Zealand.